Sunday, August 16, 2009

Westside Stories: 1 Step Forward, 3 Steps Back

Wow. What a couple of weeks! After losing my architect, having zero people look at my house, garbage disposal breaking, computer dying, dad having another stroke....things are finally looking up. Slowly, but at least headed the right direction. I really should have been more specific when I yelled out into the universe I wanted to totally change my life. I should have added a few more exceptions to my "totally". Lesson learned!

On the bright side, I found a new Architect team that I am super excited about. They are a husband/wife team from NYC and the in-laws of my future neighbors, who are also building green on a budget. As much as I HATE the whole "everything happens for a reason" crapola, I truly feel like this combo of architects and builder are going to work out great!!

I am also moving on up, to the norther side, to deluxe room in a semi-sty. My friends Jason and Tom have a spare room since Ghattas is going to KU to be Dr. World Domination. I will be packing up the 4 boxes of stuff left in my life and living the next year+ with:

this guy....

and this guy...

and this guy (plus 80 more of his gnat friends that hang out in the bathroom).

Pretty sure all of this adds up to lots of adventure. Good thing, since I will not have cable or money left to go anwhere after my 3 rents/mortgages. UGH! Can't wait!!

Fingers crossed I sell my house before the stress of not selling it makes me crazy...er.

No comments: