Sunday, August 16, 2009

Gluten Hates My Guts: Intro to the Body Ecology Diet



So, I ran across this book, The Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates, on a website and it seemed like the answer to all of my issues. I am only half way through it right now but, very soon, my Body Ecology experiment will begin!! Just have to psyche myself up...it is not the easiest program to understand, much less, actually follow. It seems like a worthy experiment though!! I will be posting successes, failures, recipes, results, loves, hates etc.

Here are the issues it says it will fix or balance:
• Headaches
• Depression
• Low sex drive
• Food allergies
• Sensitivity to odors and tobacco
• Joint and muscle pain
• Digestive issues
• Poor Sleep


Here are the basic theories....which are all about balance:
• You need to eat foods that are balanced with expansive(sugar, coffee) and contractive(salt, meat) properties so your body systems can function properly.
• You need to balance your body's acid vs. alkaline so that yeast, which feed on the acids, cannot survive.
• 80/20 Rule #1 - stop eating when are 80% full so there is 20% room for your tums to digest.
• 80/20 Rule #2 - meals should be 80% alkaline veggies and 20% acid protein
• Eat/Avoid foods for your blood type.

No comments: