Monday, July 7, 2008

lines i like, out of context: "a decade of curious people and dangerous ideas," chuck klosterman

In no particular order:

1. Crazy things seem normal, normal things seems crazy. Gusty winds may exist.

2. I have developed a romantic relationship with the process of dipping.

3. It's not that less is more; it's that less is everything.

4. To me, that's part of what Myxomatosis* is about–it's about wishing that all the people who tell you that you're crazy were actually right. That would make life so much easier.

5. The problematic rub is that–over time–choice isolates us.

6. ...women have always understood the nemesis-archenemy dichotomy. Every woman I've ever known has at least one close friend whose purpose is to criticize their actions, compete for men's attention, and drive them insane; very often, this is a woman's best friend.

7. I'm not sure how much I love my country, but I'm pretty sure I don't like any of the alternatives (except, of course, the speed-walking juggernaut that is Canada).

8. Perhaps. Perhaps not, but perhaps.

9. Q: If given the choice, would you rather (a) only abide by the rules and morals of society that you personally agree with, or (b) have the power to slightly adjust the rules and morals that currently exist (but these adjustments would then apply to you and everyone else, all at the same time).

10. The only options are to be "pro-pirate" or "pro-chump." We are pirates by default. And this is depressing (or at least it is to me.) How I long for those bygone days of adoring ninjas! Argh.

11. There is a line in the Diary of Anne Frank where that little courageous Jewish girl mentions how she can smell the cold when someone from the outside enters the attic. Well, I come from North Dakota. I can fucking see it. You lose, Anne Frank.

12. I only smoke angel dust just before going into the office on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. I'm going to assume the reasons for this schedule are self-evident.

13. I will attempt a hoax: it will be my intention to trick Nikki Rumble into believing that I am a raging homosexual. I will also pretend to be nearsighted. This will be a two-pronged hoax.


*A virus that inadvertently devastated the British rabbit population after it was introduced in the 1950s, covering the countryside with bunny carcasses.

No comments: