Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Westside Stories: INTRO




May 1, 2009: Ok, here I go...

Just closed on a plot of land, 37 x 126.5 feet to be exact, on the Westside in KCMO!! Been dying to be a part of this hood for years and years and days! Yep, that amazing pile of dead sticks and trees that butts up to a half burned down garage, is mine....almost all mine...in several more payments of thousands of dollars. :) Couldn't be more prouder or exciteder. Now to sell my house so I can get this party started!

Over the next 15+ months, I will be tracking my adventures in building green (LEED certified) with a mid-century modern twist, on a really tiny budget, while living bare bones style in a studio apt!! My architect and builder and subs, who I will be sure to introduce you to, are Westsiders themselves all trying to adapt greener lives. I will post lots of links and ups and downs and advice and questions as this all unfolds...so stay tuned!!

1 comment:

Flora Chang said...

Didn't know you have a blog! You are so brave!!! I am so excited for you... can't wait to read about the progress! PS: So glad the garage sale went well :)